During this fundraising drive, we want to celebrate Mainers who are doing great things in the community
Who are the change-makers in Southern Maine?
Join WMPG to celebrate, and to connect to, Mainers who are transforming our world.
Do you know someone who works tirelessly for the benefit of our community? We want to recognize them by sharing their story. Let’s give them their time in the sun!
WMPG invites you to partner with us and to spotlight our change makers. For a donation of $250, promote a community member and share their story on the airwaves via WMPG. Do you know someone making a difference? Maybe chip in with office friends to lift up your unsung hero?
Price: $250 What do you get:
- Daily broadcast of a (approx) 1 minute audio piece each day of the week for a full week. Three to four sentences about what makes your unsung hero awesome. (To be read in one minute)
- You can say the name of agencies/non-profits for whom they work/serve.
- Name specific qualities which make your nominee great. Try to give one specific example. Say what people always say about them?
- Website & Social Media Post to go out in tandem with the first on-air broadcast. Broadcast date: from Nov 1 onwards.
- We send an mp3 of the featured minute to your person, to keep.
WMPG can help with writing if needed. WMPG can record the tribute or this can be done by you in our studio if you prefer. It could even sound like one of our underwriting tags if that helps. Example:
WMPG Celebrates our community Change-Makers at WMPG! Sergio Cahueque has been nominated by a long term listener and donor (optional – insert name)
Sergio Cahueque is a grassroots organizer for Defend Our Health in Portland, Maine.. That means he is the one who talks to people who have been impacted by P.F.A.S. on their farmland, lead paint in their apartment, or arsenic in their water. And what makes Sergio exemplary at his job is his genuine empathy. His ability to listen with an open heart makes people feel comfortable.
Sergio is known to start by really listening to people’s stories. Then he supports their ‘getting to know others’ with the same issue, and finally, he empowers impacted communities to use their voices to ask for policy changes that end up benefiting the health of the whole community.
Sergio seems like he was born to be an organizer. Recently he was recognized as a Clean Water Champion through Natural Resources Council of Maine, and now he’s a WMPG Community Changemaker!
Sergio Cahueque was nominated by Kate Manahan from What Mama Wants podcast for WMPG’s friendraising campaign where we celebrate our Community Change Makers here in Southern Maine.
Nominations would be reviewed by WMPG on submission
Consent required from the nominated community member prior to production